The last day of Lydia's MMO, May 8, 2013.
In this year, she has grown so very much. It's amazing to watch her learn, grow, play, or do anything! As she grows, so does my heart. Just when you think you loved them with all you had, God gives you more, and I love her even more! It's awesome too because I see so much of Alan in her (and his family.... gosh she looks like Uncle Robert to me!) But when I see them in her, and how much she loves others, it makes my heart grow even more. And once again, God surprises me and I'm able to love more, because my little self thought I already loved people as much as I could. But your awareness of others and their influence on your life is so much stronger when you have a little one running around soaking up every single word.
This reminds me daily to love like Lydia loves, to forgive like she does, and to learn like she does.
Along with this, I'm reminded of when Jesus said," Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." (Luke 18:17) Children are so lovable and they love unconditionally back to anyone. They do not judge, they do not see things or money as must have. Lydia sees people and calls them friends. She introduces her self and wants to know their name. She loves, she has fun, she forgives, and does it all with such ease. Why is all of that so hard for adults?
When I grow up, I want to have the faith of a child.
 |
| First Day, August 14, 2012 |
 |
| Last Day, May 8, 2013 |
Here's so more random iphone pics of her growing and loving!
 |
| At the nature trail by our house. She loves it and we even saw 3 baby geese this day! |
 |
| I think my lemon tree is confused about what season it is because I kept it in the garage all winter and it produced two tiny lemons and then went brown :( But Lydia loved the little lemon anyway! I hope I didn't kill it! |
 |
| Playing dress up! There's a shirt under that dress, and her "diamond" shoes on too with her tiara! |
 |
Team Will! This is a sweet family who is walking in faith. Both of their babies were born with a rare genetic disorder causing them to need a bone marrow transplant and chemo before they both turned 2. They are walking through it beautifully and their oldest daughter, Kate, is a surviver! Baby Will is making preparations for his surgery next month. Please be in prayer for all those involved in his surgery/recovery, and especially his sweet family. Here's her blog if you want to get the full details: www.bmtblog.com |
 |
| Testing out our pigtails with our new little bows. In the previous pictures of pigtails, I realized I didn't have two matching bows... shame on me! |
 |
Everything these days is a mama, a daddy, a girl, and a baby. So her plates in her kitchen were no different! I love how she makes everything a family, I guess she does love it! (Except I don't know where the "baby" came from, I think grandparents fed her that line!) |
 |
| A sweet little bun! |
 |
| As much as I hate to admit it, I have a picky eater. I managed to talk her into these at the store the other day! As long as the veggies are mixed with fruit, she will eat them. I equated them to a juice box, so she loved them. At first we called them smoothies, but she doesn't know what that is, so we made up "squeez-ums" for her and she's happy with it! (At least she gets some veggies, right? |
 |
| Testing out her high heels! |
 |
| A morning with Baylor and this is all we could get, at least we tried! I know she loves him, she's just still in the jealous stage right now! |
 |
| There's sweet Baylor enjoying his tub! |
 |
| Lydia was in Heaven at Harper's 4th birthday party. Even though she didn't know any of the girls before hand, she made friends and went to town on cupcakes, ice cream, and pizza! |
 |
| Lydia's new library friends that invited us to go swimming. We are having a blast getting to know new people! |
No comments:
Post a Comment