Our happily ever after...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lydia's 1st Swimming Lessons


Lydia did great at swimming lessons for the first time! We took at Mrs. Alicia's house and she had a few helpers that were great!
 Every day, Lydia got up saying, "I hope Miss Licia is there today!"
 There were plenty of kids to keep her entertained and we took with all the Payne cousins so we loved getting to hang out with them during the two weeks. 

When I went down to the pool to drop her off every day...... she cried! She loves the water and the teachers, I think she just did not like being a strange place without me. Once one of the sweet ladies got her, she was great! She loved going under water and jumping in! She can even swim to the wall and pull herself out if need be! They taught her "elbow, elbow, tummy" - it's definitely a process, but at least she could possibly save herself if need be! And I'm so glad she's not afraid of the water. She even "practices" in the bathtub every night now! And has perfected the "Mommy, watch me!" with EVERYTHING now!

At the end of both weeks, the parents got to come down and see what they learned. Lydia was so proud to show us and loved doing it all, even wearing the goggles! 

I have been acutely aware of drownings this year, and I AM SCARED TO DEATH!
 I don't know if it is just because we did swimming lessons for two weeks, or if it's just because Lyds is to that age, or if there really are more drownings this year?!?!? But I am so scared! 

There were 4 -FOUR!- in one day in Gulf Shores, an adult at the reservoir, and a bunch of children lately. Something even called "dry drowning" in the news..... I can't handle any of it! I pray God's protection around all of us and a little help for my anxiety too.
I don't think I've ever worried so much in my life, not just about swimming, but all things in general!


Lyds and all the Payne cousins!
(Parker, Paxton, Carter, Boston) 

My favorite part about this one is Parker and Pax in the background!
Lydia loved them! She'd name all the Payne's everyday to swim lessons and she'd also say there first and last name, it's so cute!

One of the sweet teacher we only had for a week... sweet Maidee Parker.




Poor Pax, wasn't into it.




Underwater! 


Pulling herself out

elbow.....

elbow.....

tummy......

tummy......

So excited!!



Video from the first week:
(it's kind of long)



Sweet Finley








I can NOT believe Boston is so old/big!!!

We were rained out one day and played in the puddles the other.



A little blurry, but super fun!




















The Payne's! I love this sweet family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment