Jesus answered...
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
Mark 12:30
Our happily ever after...
Thursday, May 14, 2015
Lydia is going to be a BIG SISTER
This little girl is beside herself...... she loves babies and all things little. We told her around 16 weeks, after I had a few checks up and everything looked normal. I wasn't sure if she'd be excited or not, so I thought we'd shower her with presents.
We let her open the presents and then told her our big news.... She was so cute and girly! Alan told her she was going to be a big sister because I had a baby in my belly; she squirmed, put her hand over her mouth and lightly said, "My Mama?" She instantly wanted to touch/feel/kiss the baby and has been obsessed with my belly since then!
I attempted to upload a video here.....
A few things I found for her..... stuff for her baby, a Big Sis shirt made by KK last summer, and some books from the library. She loved those books so much, the Easter bunny brought her some of her very own to keep forever!
Of course I had to take some pictures of her all dolled up
She really is excited!
If I need to get a real smile these days, I just ask her if she's excited to be a big sister.
She wants to wear her dress every Sunday to church. I think because she's proud and partly because people still make a big deal out of her when she's in it. One Sunday, we walked to the Capitol and played around.
February 12, 2015 - First Sono at 8 weeks..... we were so nervous, but the little nugget was there and the heart was beating strong!
March 15, 2015 - 12.5 weeks
(I think I started showing quickly this time around.... maybe because I was soooo hungry all the time and ate everything in sight!)
April 8, 2015 - 16 weeks
Alan's so fancy with his zooming in :)
April 14, 2015 - 17 weeks
Lydia was actually the photographer here, she did a good job!
April 22, 2015 - 18 weeks
We were in the soon room for ever for this anatomy scan. "Baby Mac" stayed all scrunched up the whole time! This was the best picture we got with his/her feet up by the head, but everything else checked out normal. Praise the Lord!!
We were still standing strong on our "we don't want to know the gender" until 2 seconds before we walk into the room and Alan says, "Let's just get it in an envelope incase we change our minds." So now we have (or he does!) an envelope with the gender hidden somewhere in this house!
Mother's Day - May 10, 2015 - 20.5 weeks
L's school program - May 14, 1015 - 21 weeks
She wanted to take pictures with "Baby Mac"
This is a blog about our little life. We love it and want to remember these precious days with our loved ones. We love the Lord, family, friends, the Ole Miss Rebels, Art and almost anything southern (relaxing, good food, church, etc.) This is basically a journal for us, but we also hope you enjoy it along the way. We are amateur writers, so please do not check for grammatical errors.
No comments:
Post a Comment