Easter is my favorite holiday and favorite time of year! It's filled with spring, pretty flowers, pastels, and Jesus rising from the dead! What's not to love?!
We were busy again this holiday with school parties, egg hunts at school, church, friends houses, home, KK's, really anywhere she was.... people were hiding eggs. You'd think she get excited about it and want a lot of eggs. But our first one was at school and the very first egg she put in her basket busted open and she saw the pack of skittles. So she ran to me and asked if she could eat them. I told her later, run go get some more eggs! I think she picked up about 4 more, she wasn't very interested in the eggs at any of the hunts. But that's ok, we don't need them or the candy.
We've been busy and I didn't do a lengthy lenten devotional like I did last year. But it's always a time of remembering, praying, and adding to our lives. We don't usually give up things, but add to so that we will remember. It's a fun time of renewal that I look forward to every year.
Lydia's pretty white dress from last year still fits so I was just going to put her in that again. But while we were at Highland Village one day shopping, we ran across this pretty pink dress, so we had to get it!! I think it'll fit next year too though, maybe we can get away it for two years.
 |
| Our Easter cookies turned out ok, but it wasn't a fun experience this year. I think we'd both had a long day and were tired, not the best time to be baking with a 4 year old :).... We NEEDED those cross cookies in lots of ways. |
 |
| School party! |
 |
| Hunting eggs at school |
 |
| The blessing before the party at school. We love Mrs. Heather's class! |
 |
| Sweet friends! |
 |
| Picnic at Madeleine's birthday party, it was so much fun! |
 |
| The Easter bunny vista us early on Saturday to make sure we have plenty of time to get ready for church on Sunday.... She loved her goodies this year... especially the BIG SISTER books, and the swim gear that the bunny always brings us. |
 |
| She broke her piggy bank a long time ago, so she was excited I finally got around to painting another one. |
 |
| Adding our flowers to the cross at church |
 |
| We made it! Mr. Clint and Mr. Robbie joined us too! |
 |
Jillian told everyone the Easter story after children's moments. That girl is funny and knows the Bible!
|
 |
| Church egg hunt |
 |
| Woah! Drew found lots of eggs! |
 |
| Let's just roll around the Capitol in our best dress.... no big deal. :) |
 |
| Family portraits... |
 |
| Tie Twins |
 |
| Sweet best buddy, Mims |
 |
| She loves the little garden area at church and runs up and down it every week. The azaleas were beautiful this Sunday! |
 |
| We made it to KK's in time for a yummy lunch, another basket and egg hunt!! |
 |
Hunting at KK and Troxy's this time!
|
 |
| She thought bunny ears were hilarious! |
 |
| Falling in my shoes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment