Our happily ever after...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tennis and Crawfish


It's finally summer time. And it. feels. like. it. in. Mississippi.......

We had the best weekend. We were finally grown-ups and stayed in our home town the weekend of our favorite Double Decker Festival in Oxford. We love our Sunday School class, and they were hosting a crawfish boil that we wanted to attend and we love tennis and Alan was asked to play in a tournament. So we "put on our big girl panties" to deal with it, and stayed here. But boy was it ever fun!

Friday night Alan played at River Hills and Lydia LOVED hanging out there and playing with all the other kids. We finally got to meet Thomas! I have known his dad since I was born, so it was neat seeing the babies together! We got up Saturday to go back to tennis and then head to the crawfish party.

Fun times were had by all! I've never actually seen the crawfish at all three stages (alive, boiling, and cooked) It was fun, however, I prefer my food to be dead when I see it. Thank you to Sam for hosting and cooking, it was the best crawfish we'd ever had! (Extra spicy for me!) Sunday was filled with another eventful class lead by the Sorey's on parenting. They are so insightful and entertaining! And then another praise.... Alan took his first test in a course preparing him for the CFP exam. This is a toughie and I'm praising God that one's down! He is the smartest person I know, so there's never been a doubt in my mind that he will do well. But when you love someone so much, you get nervous with them! Congrats, AP!


Thomas!

On the clay!

running away




Her first crawfish! She liked it!!


The kids job was to not let any crawfish escape the pool. 



This is as close as Drew would stand!





Playing at church, after she cried in the nursery all morning.... she does not like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment