The Troxler's always enjoy a trip back to Tennessee. All of the Troxler's were born in Shelbyville, outside of Nashville, until me, and our little side of the family has been in Mississippi ever since. We still like to go hang out with family and friends while we are there! So for a good Rebel/Vandy game, we can make a trip!
With the game being on a Thursday, and us leaving on Wednesday, we had to leave AP at home :(
We sure did miss him like crazy, and I wish he could have been there to see an awesome win at Vandy and the horse show that Troxy always talks about!
 |
| Leaving Wednesday morning, Troxy thought we were crazy for being in gear already and I had the magnets and flags up on the car.... you've gotta go in style to a road game! |
 |
| Bye Bye Daddy! We love you! |
Thursday morning, we got up and went to the dragon park on Vandy's campus. It is a nice little park and there were a good amount of kids there, even though it was burning up! I was surprised that the mom's were not very welcoming. I know we wore the opposing team colors, but it's Vandy, so let's be honest, they didn't know who they were playing anyway! I've met almost all of my mom friends out and about with Lydia in Jackson.... it's just easy to strike up a conversation, but not to these moms! Not very hospitable Nashville, maybe next time.
After the park, we headed to eat lunch at Sportsman Grille, and then back to the room for nap time. Troxy volunteered to take one for the team and napped with her while KK and I went shopping. The game wasn't until 8:00, so about 5:00, we headed to the tailgate with uncle Jimmy and his crew. It was really nice, and Vandy is working hard to get the fans into the football. They have a "fake Grove" area, like most schools these days. But nothing beats the Grove!
It was quite possibly the hottest I've ever been... Tons of people in a packed stadium, after standing in the sun all day. It's a good thing the rebels won!
We had a great time at the game, I don't remember the last time I went to a game alone with my dad (maybe never?) I know I went to Vandy in 2003 with mom and dad. The game was a little slow in the first half, and we were both quiet. Well, I cut up with the people in front of us for a bit, but it was 10:00 pm, the rebels were losing and I was hot and tired. But the 4th quarter got us all perked up and we started cheering and jumping up and down again. It was fun, and I'm glad I got to hang out with just my Troxy! The game was almost 4 hours long though, we were pooped the whole rest of the trip! But it sure was a fun walk back to the hotel after an exciting rebel win! Jeff Scott scored with about 1 minute to go, and our section went crazy!
Oh and it was great fun to meet all of dad's friends he's had since elementary school and see them laughing with each other, I think most of them still live in Shelbyville or Nashville. They were all smiling and having a ball, it was sweet! And I like that they all call him Tommy! And Suzanne and Allison call him, Uncle Tommy. I think I'll start calling him that again, it's youthful, right?
 |
Playing at Dragon Park.
*Yes, we wore the same outfit two days in a row..... When I packed, I assumed Lyds would be wearing her smocked Ole Miss dress all day on game day. But we decided that dresses aren't good for playing at the park and she still needed to wear gear on game day. So we dusted it off and wore it again... oops. |
 |
| And apparently they didn't bring gear either, we all took turns wearing my Ole Miss t-shirt all weekend. But aren't they cute! |
 |
| Fins up! |
 |
| She knows her ABC's and a lot of letters, but especially the "L" for Lydia. |
 |
| So big, climbing on all sorts of things. |
 |
| A tired little girl, attempting a Fins Up in front of the Vanderbilt sign! |
 |
| When we left for the day, she wanted all her babies to be able to look out the window.... haha, look at that view. |
 |
| Ready for the game! |
 |
| Loving on KK! |
Her first cab ride (beside the tram in Destin, which isn't far or trafficy.) I did get nervous about the no car seat! She was very good and still and loved the big seatbelt!
|
 |
| She loved this game! I may have to make one! |
 |
| She made it in AND I caught it on camera. All the Vandy fans were really nice and didn't mind us at all playing with their stuff. |
 |
| At the tailgate. |
Friday morning, we packed up and headed to Murfreesboro, TN to check into another hotel and get ready for the horse show that night. We found a Steak n Shake (Yummy!) and the neatest little Discovery Center for children and she had a ball! Gave us something fun to do inside so we didn't burn up!
|
 |
| They had a little town set up and she was painting at the home depot here. |
 |
| washing clothes |
 |
| Ironing |
 |
| Painting! |
 |
| Big Turtles |
I was worn slap out, so Lyds and I stayed in the room this time for a nap, and then we got ready for the horse show! It was fun to see Troxy in his element and reliving the "glory days."
 |
| Lydia kept saying she wanted to pet a horse, so we sweet talked the people into letting us a couple of times and she chickened out everytime! |
 |
| Across the street from the arena (I guess that's what it is?) Are all these stables with the horses getting ready. They are treated like royalty, and the families that own them act like royalty too! |
 |
| The only horse she would pet. |
 |
| She loved meeting Suzanne's little boy, Parker. They were so sweet together! |
 |
| KK and Aunt Vicki |
  |
| We had to get the PINK ice cream, so she picked out neapolitan because it was the only one with pink. Goodness child! |
 |
| Giving the sippie cup a check up! Thank goodness for headphone and creativity in the car! It was a long 7 hours! |
No comments:
Post a Comment