Easter is my favorite holiday!! I think it has to do with the spring time, actually remembering why Jesus came to earth and reflecting on HIS love for us, I also love the flowers the pastel colors and being able to wear all of my spring clothes. It's the best time of year, I like summer a lot also, but in Mississippi the summers can be way too hot!
Due to my body being too old to stay up at prom the week before, we chose to stay home for Easter so I could recover fully. We had a great weekend! On Thursday the whole family went to Bubby and Abby's to celebrate Baker's life and his baptism. (He was baptized on April 5, 2011 and went to be Jesus on April 7, 2011) It was such a sweet time, we don't get to see the Jepsen's and Hurt's has much as we'd like. We told stories about Baker and remembered his special baptism last year. It was such a touching ceremony! Baker got to wear the family christening gown that was made by a great grandmother and was worn by my dad, his brother and sister, and all their kids/grandkids! Brother John from Bubby and Abby's church came to do the service in the hospital and it was the sweetest thing ever! So we lit a candle and said a devotional this year in Baker's memory.
 |
| Here is me with Sweet Bake Man last year, I don't have his baptism pics with me today, but they are precious! |
________________________________________________________________
Easter was such a special time to remember Heaven and Baker. Then on Sunday morning we started off for our fun adventures. Lydia wore a beautiful dress my mom made, it was definitely a labor of love. It is pastel yellow with blue accents. I love it and hope she enjoys an Easter dress made by her KK. We started with early church at Galloway. We sat in the balcony so we Liddy could join in on the Easter fun. Then we made our way to Crossgates to be with Bubby, Abby, Mom, and Dad. They were both good services. Then we all enjoyed a good low key lunch at the house afterwards. Lyds posed for a picture session and then we all changed and watched the Master's. Lydia surprisingly loved watching golf. She'd say "ball" and then clap when it went into the hole! So cute!!
***Sorry for so many pictures, but I couldn't pick out which ones to post!
 |
| Some ladies came to the school to sign us up for pictures with the bunnies. I was so excited and ready to see the bunny, but....they are not the best, but here a couple of the shots from them.... |
 |
| This looks like a fake smile! |
 |
| Her Easter outfit we scored from Abby's sister, Staci. So precious! |
 |
| I think she looks like she's in a play/musical here singing! |
 |
| Pictures from her "pink" water in the tub.... She didn't even seem to notice! |
 |
| The Easter bunny came to her house, KK's and SuSu's... how did he do all that?! |
 |
| The beautiful dress made by KK! |
 |
| My Easter basket made by my granddad in 1985 that I repainted last year. I love this and always have! |
 |
| Precious! |
 |
| Loving on Aunt Abbs! |
 |
| Girl time, I could not be in this because all the boys were watching the baseball game and the Master's at the same time, such guys! |
 |
| I got Alan to come out for one pic, but the sun was so bright! |
 |
| And Bubby and Abby are expecting in July! YAY! I can not wait for baby Baylor to get here! |
 |
| Prob my favorite, she never smiles for pictures but she really is a happy baby! |
 |
| She thought her Easter basket was a seat! |
 |
| I love her tennis hat from SuSu! |
 |
| We went swimming at the Y on Monday since I had off again, she loved it! |
Such sweet pictures!! She is so beautiful Kimsey!
ReplyDelete