I've been trying to "remember" my favorite things that Lydia does these days..... but those of you that know me well, know that I do not remember anything very well. SO I started a list of some of the things she's been up to!
 |
August 10, 2012 20 months old |
These are a few of my favorite things.......
- Everything has to be somebody's..... Lydia's, Mama's, Daddy's, etc. For example if she sees my phone sitting around, she will pick it up and bring it to me, all while saying Mama's, or if the remote is laying around she will say what ever adult is in the room and give it to them and then promptly say, "Bubbles." If she wants to watch it bad enough, she will scream, "Bubbles, PLEASE!"
- Her favorite TV shows are Bubble Guppies, Dora, and Mickey Mouse.
- A few months ago I couldn't rock her to sleep for nap time anymore, so I started putting her in the bed and say night night and she goes to sleep! We still liked the snuggle time at night, so we were able to rock her to sleep at night time, until about a month ago and now we just put her in the bed! It's nice most nights not to have to spend hours getting her to sleep, but we do miss that snuggle time when she was tired and so sweet!
- She loves outside and loves water even more. She will look out the window and say, "outside." But it sounds like "southside" and inside sounds like "sinside."
- If you are trying to do something for her that she wants to do..... she will say Lydia's turn.
- She's always known that the cross necklace I wear represents Jesus, so she will point to it and say, "Jesus." But recently I decided that wasn't good enough. So over the course of a few days, I taught her where he heart is and that Jesus lives in her heart. If you ask her where Jesus lives, she will point to her heart and say, "Lyida." Then point to our hearts and say our names. (SUPER sweet!)
- I just love her little voice, it's precious.
- She loves her carseat! It's a whole other world out there when she rides in the car! She instantly says, "horses" when we get in the car b/c there is an equestrian farm by our neighborhood and she loves to look at them. If we turn the opposite direction from the horses, she knows to say tractors. (They are building a new neighborhood that direction. So either way, she is happy!
- She loves to blow bubbles outside.
- If someone has been over to stay or eat, whatever they did or wherever they sat has to be theirs. She pointed to the chair beside hers for a week and said SuSu, after she came for a weekend!
- She loves stickers, and wants to wear one at all times.
- She enjoys reading and flipping through ALL her books!
- If her closet is left open, she will always pull out her cowboy boots and try to put them on. Even though they are too small, they were a gift last year.
- She knows how to work the ipad/iphone. She will click the home button and then slide the arrow and say games!
- When cheering on a team, she will throw her hands up in a touchdown motion and yell, "Rebels!" (Her Troxy taught her that, I hope we have some TD's to cheer for this year!) When Alan tried to teach her "who dat" and "go saints" a few weeks ago, she repeated it but yelled Rebels in the middle of it..... she's true to her team. Since we've watched two NFL games this season, she says saints when football is on.
- Her hair goes into a cute ponytail and pigtails, however, I think she looks all grown up in them and it makes me want to cry, so we don't do it often.
- She knows please and thank you, but saves them for times when she really wants something.... little stinker!
- Every night at dinner, after wee say the blessing, she sweetly says AMEN.
- She has called me, "Mom" on more than one occasion. - I don't know how I feel about this one or where she got it from, maybe she heard me call KK mom, if so I'm stopping now!!
Here's some pics because I know y'all love those more than my words.
 |
| This was my favorite summer time outfit! I love sailboats, and this little beauty was one of the many precious hand me downs from Stacie! It is a 12 month outfit, so this is the last time she can wear it. 12 mo bubbles are a little tight, but not dresses! She can still wear 9 mo dresses. |
 |
| Tried to get a RT from Coach Freeze on #FlagshipFriday but he didn't respond. |
 |
| Just picked out the boots! |
 |
| Attempting to put the boots on. |
 |
| Getting ready for school.... (We have to wake up an hour and a half early just get ready for preschool... oh my! |
 |
| She doesn't like brushing her teeth... I don't know what else to do! |
No comments:
Post a Comment