This blog was not in existence when our baby girl got baptized and for some reason, it didn't cross my mind last year.... so we are celebrating 2 years of baptism today!
What a special day it was! We knew from the get go that we wanted PawPaw to baptize our children if he was able, so thankfully he was able to be there for Lydia, like he was for Alan and Robert, and like my Granddaddy was for my brother and me. Having a preacher in the family sure is special! And I knew I wanted her to wear our special heirloom Christening gown. My grandmother had it made for my Aunt over 60 years ago and all the Troxler's and their kids and grandkids have worn it. If we are counting right, she was the 13th person to wear it, Baker the 14th, and Baylor was the 15th. It's so pretty, I love it!
We didn't want PawPaw to have to travel all the way up here, so we all went down to the coast to have her baptized where PawPaw could be a part of it. It was held in the beautiful church Alan grew up in, First United Methodist Church, Gulfport. And we had most of the family there to celebrate because we had Lydia's Coast "Sip and See" the day before that SuSu's awesome friends hosted for us! It was such a special weekend that we will cherish forever. (Side note: Drew and Abby could not attend, because their first born baby, Baker, was still in hospital and planning his arrival home the Monday after the baptism.) After the ceremony, Robert and Shaunna hosted everyone at their house and we enjoyed each others company and great food! Thank you to everyone who made this day so very special! I made a picture album with these pictures in it for Lydia to look at and talk about when ever she wants to, but particularly on this day every year! I want her to know about her baptism and her welcoming into God's grace and our universal church family.
This is an expert from the United Methodist Church about why we baptize babies. I realize that she will still have a lot of growing and searching in Christ to do for herself. But this is a part of her faith journey and a commitment that Alan and I will help/guide her with.
From the earliest times, children and infants were baptized and included in the church. As scriptural authority for this ancient tradition, some scholars cite Jesus’ words, “Let the little children come to me…for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs” (Mark 10:14). However, a more consistent argument is that baptism, as a means of grace, signifies God’s initiative in the process of salvation. John Wesley preached “prevenient grace,” the grace that works in our lives before we are aware of it, bringing us to faith. The baptism of children and their inclusion in the church before they can respond with their own confirmation of faith is a vivid and compelling witness to prevenient grace.
Sweet Lydia, may the grace that works in your life before you are aware of it, bring you to a deeper faith and relationship with Him. And may we continue to show you that Grace, Love, and Forgiveness too.
As your GiMaw always signed her letters to us,You are loved!
![]() |
| You had two baptismal shells, one from KK and Troxy and one as the hostess gift from the Sip and See Shower in Gulfport the day before your baptism. |
| A little blurry, but Clint made the journey down and helped out tremendously with everything, including the picture taking (You can tell he didn't take this one!) |
![]() |
| The gorgeous dome in the church! |
| Troxy found a back room during the dinner for y'all to rest, this baby was worn out!! |
I think these are all the members of the Troxler family to wear the gown, I hope I got everyone!
Aunt Suzanne Troxler Simmons, Emily Simmons Smith, Patrick Smith, Katherine Smith, Guerry Simmons, Samuel Simmons, Mary Campbell Simmons Folmar, Tom Troxler, Drew Troxler, Baker Troxler, Baylor Troxler, Kimsey Troxler McCormick, Lydia McCormick, Uncle Rob Troxler, and Margi Troxler
























I pray God will continue to bless your little family. This was a wonderful tribute. I truly miss Bro. Mac today. Lydia, I will always love you.
ReplyDelete