Our happily ever after...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Jake's nursery and the big 2-9

SO I kind of pretended that last weekend didn't exist! I turned 29 on Sunday and I would like to stay 29 forever! So for some reason, I didn't want to celebrate. I was super busy, so we just hung out and had fun! Oh and everyone pitched in and got my a super awesome Canon Rebel for my birthday, so expect great pictures to come :) Thank you so much everyone!!!

My week was spent doing canvases and preparing for a painting on the wall of a nursery. Lana's mom approached my mom at church to see if I was interested. And I'm always up for a challenge, so I agreed to do some nursery paintings, I love babies. I met with them and she knew exactly what she wanted, but she was due in 5 weeks! Since Liddy was born 6 weeks early, and my nephew 5 weeks early, this makes me REALLY nervous to think that I have such a time crunch to get this done! Every nap time for Liddy, I pulled out the paints and amazingly got them done in time! SuSu graciously came to help that weekend, while I spent a few hours at the house painting on the wall. I was a little nervous, because I have painted a room, but nothing directly on a already painted wall! Here's the outcome...... I was pleased!
Baby Jake, I pray for you often, while I was dancing around your room with a paint brush, I prayed for you the whole time! I prayed for your mom and dad, your whole family, and especially you. Our family learned over the past two years just how precious life is. I pray that you grow to be a healthy baby, a loving person who puts always puts God first.
All three paintings... 

I did the sides in the same color as the tree on the wall.

Finished tree. It's still wet here, so we could hang the canvases, but I think they were just going to hang them centered above the bed on top of the tree.

This cute giraffe was my favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment