Our happily ever after...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Back to School 2014 • August ramblings

I was a busy beaver this July/August making all these signs that friends requested from last year. I'm so sorry to those of you that didn't get one. Put your orders in early next summer :) 
Meet the teacher on Sunday afternoon. She loves Mrs. Heather!

It's so hard to get good pictures before school!


Daddy stayed to take pictures with us!


She's getting so tall!
Here's last year, just to compare ;)






She found her BFF, Ivy first thing!


She's so glad Mary Morgan is in her class this year too!

Cooper was all smiles the first day too!



Thanks to Whitney Sephton for the super cute apple shirt! 

Mom, I'm sooooo over taking pictures now!




Helping make our anniversary cake, it's hard to believe it has been 9 years!

We got all fancy for dinner at home!

The finished cake

Just painting one afternoon

Kroger has the cutest little carts for the kids to push, too bad she's not good at driving it yet.

Blessing of the backpacks at church. Sweet Ms Megan asked the children what they had in their backpacks and L pulled EVERYTHING out! The only thing was, we didn't have any school supplies yet... just change of clothes, wipes, snacks, juice.... the congregation got a kick out of that!

Berry, Berry good splash pad with Coop one morning.

She loves her little Preschool workbooks, she finishes them so fast. This one, she traced her name pretty well, she can actually write Lydia on her own, but prefers to trace it.
I thought this was funny because the bottom square says "draw a picture of yourself." And that's her on the left, and that's me on the right..... she said that blob was my frizzy hair. Thanks Lyds, thanks ;)

Fun night at Belhaven lights with the fam

Ready for the season opener against Boise State.

We have gotten our wear out of the outfit! But I'll admit, it's kind of short and faded now. We should probably retire it now.

This sidewalk chalk paint is awesome! She (and I!) had so much fun with it!


Splat, she loves making handprints.

Her dance instructor told them to only wear the tap and ballet shoes on the dance floor. So I needed some slip-on shoes for her to put on while we are walking in and playing. So I got the cheap Toms at Hobby Lobby and I had this "picture" of painted shoes on shoes in my head... so I tried my hand at it. I was satisfied with the outcome! She likes them most of the time. But since they were the cheap ones, they don't stay on very well.

I have always been fascinated with drawing "twisted" ribbons and looking at the different shadows it takes to create that look. I'm not sure why, but I can remember doodling these even when I was a child. It's such a relaxing exercise to me and really noticing what you're drawing. I'm sure a sweet art teacher taught that to me a long time ago, but I still enjoy it!

This sweet bow is my favorite part!

KK and Troxy got a new kitten, Bogey. Thank goodness he's a sweet kitty and lets Lyds love on him.

They love their play dough time at KK's

Her first dance class!!! She did great and loved it! Except she told me for the first two weeks, "Dance class is too long and it makes my legs hurt." The second week, I overheard the teacher saying, "Lydia, stand up - you can't sleep in dance class." Poor baby was tired!


Sweet little ballerina's with Ms. Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment