Looking back (Yes, it's September and I'm just now blogging about June) June was really busy, but it didn't feel like it. It flew by and here's why (insert 100 pictures from the phone!) I tried to cut them down, but until I get caught up, I think monthly updates are the easiest.
 |
| Coloring Uncle Robert's 30th birthday card! Happy Birthday to Uncle Robert! |
 |
| Waiting patiently for her first real haircut! |
 |
| I know it doesn't look bad here, but that's because I just brushed it. It was pretty and she had great hair, it's just so hot here in the summer and it was starting to stay tangled and get straggly all the time. So bye bye it went. It was sad, her curls weren't ever the same :( |
 |
| We both got a chop that day, how did my hair get so long?! |
 |
| Daddy came for the milestone too! It's a good thing because she was a little unsure of it and he always has a way of calming her down. |
 |
| Helping Ms Lori clean up all my hair. |
 |
| Her turn, she did great. She was just a little unsure at first. |
 |
| :( |
 |
| All smiles! |
 |
| Such a big girl! |
 |
| Thank you Ms Lori! |
 |
| And a sucker, thank you LaCru! |
 |
| Before and After |
 |
The haircut day just happened to be my birthday, so we celebrated with the family at Cock of the Walk. I had a great birthday and who doesn't like to get their hair done and go out to eat?! Fun times, turning 31. It's just a number anyway...... right? |
 |
| Lyds loved feeding the ducks! |
 |
| Happy birthday to me :) |
 |
| Hail, Hail, the gang's all here! |
 |
| Duck face |
 |
| She didn't mind the geese at all, I wished they'd quit following us! |
 |
| No one would look at the camera! |
 |
| So glad Mr. Cletus could join us! |
 |
| She loves this at Wal-Mart! I don't know why I caved in and let her do it once, now she wants to do it all the time. |
 |
| Just a few pics from Girls trip 2014... We went to Memphis to see Bruno and had a ball. It's always refreshing to get away with the girls! |
 |
| We also went to see The Fault in our Stars..... just a little crying on the girly weekend. |
 |
| Pretty view from our hotel room |
 |
| Getting crazy in here! |
 |
| We stayed in Oxford Thursday night so Lyds and Bay got a happy from the Rebels. |
 |
An impromptu stop at the park. I try to fill our days with fun things and hang out with our friends, but sometimes it's nice that we can just wake up and do whatever we want to do! And this day, the splash pad at the park was on and we had a swimsuit still in the car from the weekend. Win/win! I love the little things we get to enjoy while staying at home with her. |
 |
| Pure fun! |
 |
| She loves being spoiled at River Hills. |
 |
| This doesn't happen often, asleep on the couch. I think this was one nap time where she fell back asleep after I tried to wake her. |
 |
| She loves to ride in the car with other kids, so any chance she gets, she asks for it! |
 |
| The Rebs actually made it to OMAHA!!!! After much convincing (from me and I had to get his friends involved!) Alan actually took the plunge and went! I'm thankful for a fun brother (and Peter who they picked up on the way) that went along for the journey and helped him drive too! |
 |
| Watching the Rebs win in Omaha! |
 |
| Happy Father's Day to Troxy! |
 |
| Our boys became famous, of course they hit all the rounds in Omaha! I think this was tweeted by Ole Miss Sports. |
 |
| They even made it on the DM cover! |
 |
| And they were on TV lots too! I think this was the game we were losing, I kept text him to smile, but it was too intense. |
 |
| Just playing dress up! |
 |
| I love that the movie theaters do $1 movies in the summer. The kids got a kick out of it! |
 |
| And look who else came! I think this one was the movie "Epic." |
 |
| We have such a great time at the Zoo! The attractions are just perfect for her age and it's just the right size for me to push the stroller and not get too worn out! She loves the splash pad there too! |
 |
| The had a baby gibbon this summer too and she loved going to visit him. |
 |
| She is obsessed with anything baby.... so she was talking to him through the window. He really was cute, they were having to bottle feed him and keep in a pack and play. |
 |
| The tigers are so pretty! They have a baby cub now and we like to go visit him too. |
 |
| I think the flamingos are her favorite though, probably because they are her favorite color ;) |
 |
| Just a little selfie. |
 |
| The Governor's 5K in memory of John Pearson. We had a nice stroll through downtown and they raised a lot of money for the heart unit at Batson. Y'all know I love that hospital and baby John Pearson's family! |
 |
| We started taking her to "big church" with us this summer. She really does good for the most part. There are the typical squirms or she drops a crayon every now and then. But I think it's important for her to learn how to behave in church now and for her to hear everything. She's listening, even when we think she's not! (And of course, these are "Anna" braids from Frozen, they are requested a lot these days too!) |
 |
We love going to early church for lots of reasons, but I particularly love it because we have communion every week at that service. There's something about breaking the bread that really stirs inside of me and I always kneel at the altar afterwards. So naturally, L does too. This particular day, we had finished communion and gone back to our seats to finish the service. At the end, Bro. Joey always does an "altar call" for prayers or to join the church. And she WAS listening that day when he asked if anyone wanted to come pray at the altar before leaving. She immediately asked to go and wanted to go by herself, but I insisted on daddy taking her. She went up there and Joey came over to pray. It was so sweet and special! I know she doesn't necessarily know what she's doing now. But I'm glad she's comfortable in church and knows what to do it if she ever did need help praying! Her little heart and the way she thinks is so sweet. |
 |
| Playing outside in the fountains after |
 |
| Margi came that week to visit after she had been at camp in MS for a week. Lydia instantly fell in love and didn't understand why she had to go home. Lydia stills talks about her and wants her to come spend the night all the time! |
 |
| Cousins! I think we resemble each other a little bit. |
 |
| I was thankful she came to visit this week because I had the 3 year olds for Bible School and she was a big help to me! |
 |
| We got to go vote too! |
 |
| Such a fun little trip, I hope Margi enjoyed visiting her Mississippi family! |
 |
| I taught Margi how to make my crosses! I enjoyed it, I hope she did too! Please excuse the mess in my garage... yes this is how I work around here. |
 |
| Of course, someone else wanted to make one too. Both of the girls turned out really pretty! |
 |
| I wasn't sure about L's glitter at first, but it turned out pretty! |
 |
| I'm so glad she loves to read. She probably has all her babies and stuffed animals lined up on the other side reading to them. |
 |
| Sweet Brothers |
 |
| Painting day for us both. |
 |
| We were outside one day when we noticed Deuce in the window and I guess Daddy snapped a pic. :) |
 |
| Bible School theme! She's still singing those songs and asks for that CD every time we are in the car. |
 |
| She had a great time and enjoyed making new friends! Until next summer, VBS! |
No comments:
Post a Comment