Our happily ever after...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas 2012

Our Christmas season was filled with great fun! We went to the Coast the weekend before to celebrate and headed back home Christmas eve to celebrate some more. Lydia knows it's Jesus' birthday, and we sang Happy Birthday to him a lot! She is such a fun age and enjoys her "toys" a lot! The holiday season can get hectic if you let it, so we try hard to make it special, and remember the true meaning of Christmas while spending a lot of time with family. Every parent wants to 'give' their child everything they want/need for Christmas. But Lydia is blessed with so many people who love her, she receives gifts all year long, and again on her birthday, December 10. There is not much she is in need of, and Christmas is not OUR birthday, it's Jesus', so Santa brings us 3 presents, just like Jesus received from the Wise Men. Now, what Grandparents/Friends get her is a whole other story.... but I hope she grows up to realize that Christmas is not about getting presents, but about Jesus coming to save us, about loving others, helping others, and being a servant. 
Merry Christmas! 
(PS: In all of the November/December traveling, I was not able to get a Christmas made, but these pictures are good enough!)


While SuSu was cooking us up a yummy 5 course meal, I tried to make the table pretty. I even pulled out the McCarty, china, real silver, and crystal. We enjoyed a great dinner with SuSu, Bo, Robert, and Shaunna.
We hurried up to take a bath and then opened presents. Lydia was the best little helper, passing out the presents to everyone.

Running around

Opening presents, the opening may have been  her favorite part!

Her first experience with bubble wrap! She jumped and jumped.

Some more Baccarat for her collection. She didn't understand why she couldn't hold it by herself. Her favorite words these days are, "I do it," or "Liddy do it." But the "I do it," comes out more like....... "I DO IT, I DO IT, I DO IT!" over, and over, and over again!


Lydia's pretty stocking at SuSu and Bo's.... more fun TOYS!
SuSu and Bo racked her up with presents this year, but the favorite among the adults were these awesome blocks.
We rushed home in enough time to make it to Christmas eve service at Crossgates Methodist with the Troxler's. KK and Troxy wanted everyone in there, so we toughed out the service with a 5 month old and a 2 year old..... it wasn't too bad, actually it was really sweet! Liddy went down to the alter with us and kneeled to take communion. She loved the bread and was concerned about getting more grape juice. But she liked it! 
It was kind of hard to get Liddy to sit up there with him, but she did keep kissing him!

While KK was preparing dinner Abby and I bathed the kids and got in our matching PJ's to get ready for Santa! We enjoyed another delicious meal with all the Troxler's there! Lydia likes to say, "licious."

Sweet cousins!

That didn't last long!
Lydia reading Baylor a book.




KK and Troxy enjoying the grandbabies! 
 After the wonderful dinner, we headed home to put out cookies and milk for Santa and go to bed!


Santa left us a note, and it looks like he couldn't eat all of his cookies!

He left Lydia a stroller for her baby doll!
A rody bouncy toy and some more blocks!

Lydia ate Santa's leftovers. 

After our family of 3 opened presents, and facetimed with the McCormick's, we headed to KK and Troxy's to see them and Baylor.

Her 3rd stocking to get!
Painting her toenails with the pretend polish.
Lydia got tons of toys, but we liked her first tennis racquet the best! An all star in the making! 
And KK scored a deal on this kitchen for her house.... Lyds love it so much, I have a feeling it may be at our house soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment